Monday 30 September 2013

Look Development (Bow & Arrow)

After much research, there so many types of bow to chose from. I decided to use a simple recurve take-down bow.

Look Development (Bow)





The sight is added to make the bow look more interested and since I am using a CG bow, I can make it little bit more fancy. Thus also allowing me to add the carbon fiber texture and the skull logo onto the bow.

Look Development (Arrow Head)





Taking the advice from Daniel, the arrow head was made more "deadly". The first design look more like a stone crafted arrowhead thus I did some research of modern steel arrow head and took reference to its shape. The texture of the arrow was design to make it look more worn out.

Look Development (Arrow Fletch)



The initial plan was to just to use a plane for the arrow fletch, but it seems to have some issues when I am doing some test renders. For example the rounded edges seems to be have some white artifact (not sure what is that actually called) appearing. Since the fletch is going to take up quite a amount of the screen in my second shot. I decided to model the entire fletch out, having this model also allows me to bend it using the non-linear deformer.

Next step, to achieve the final look of the CG elements, the plan is to use material x (passes) for the final look.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment