Thursday 12 September 2013

Idea Idea Ideas

Here is the part where I have decide on which idea should I pick.. After the short consultation with the lecturer yesterday, my more favorable  preferred idea is kinda simple. Maybe I should reconsider my idea or pick one from one of the others I have in my mind?

Idea 1 - VFX Arrow Flight "The more favorable idea"

Inspiration: This idea is inspired from many movies such as Lord of the Ring (Legolas), War of Arrows, but mainly due to my interest in Archery.

The main intention of this idea is to pick a simple idea but to make the VFX look realistic and believable.  
(Storyboard)




Approach: For the shoot, I intent to load a modern day archery bow for the character to hold while the arrow will be a CG element in the shot. 

As for the shot that character was shot, trackers will be placed on the point of impact for the arrow or the alternatives will be to have the character to hold a green stick that will be replaced by a CG arrow.

After having looking at more references, I might be changing how the shot will be filmed to make it look more interesting, instead of presenting the whole character in front of the screen to shoot an arrow towards the screen, it can be like the 4th reference video above where the arrow is flying out from the archer point of view.

Idea 2 - Heat Marking

Inspiration: This idea was inspired by a scene in Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Season 1: Episode 2) where the Protagonist "earns" his place as an arena warrior and Mark of Brotherhood. 



Spartacus (Blood and Sand - Episode 1)

Approach: For this idea, I intend to shoot the scene with the character holding stick (Shot 1) as a still shot and have the character to hold a green stick, as the heated stamp-rod will be CG into the shot. For the next shot, the camera will move backward after the mark is stamp to show the character in pain. (NEW idea struck while typing this)

To add on to the shot, the stamp could be a demonic imprint that turns anyone that have the marking into a "demon". Thus the shot can continue by showing the character's eyes changing into a full white eyeball (without the iris)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment