Wednesday 2 October 2013

Integrating the Bow

The plan that I have to integrate the bow into the shot was to make use of the trackers that I have pasted on the bow and to do a track on it so that I can bring it into Maya as a Locator, allowing me to parent and match the movement of the actual "fake" bow and CG Bow.

So first step, to do a quick track in NUKE.


Next, to convert the tracker data into a 3D software such as Maya. I went to look for NUKE Gizmos to do the job but many failed to allow me to convert to FBX or any other files. 

I tried to use a Camera Tracker in NUKE, but it fail to track my points in the shot too. So luckily, I came across this website, where I can convert tracker data from NUKE to Maya, or even into many other file format. I can say it really very useful, the link to the website is attached below. No download required, just upload your file and "BAM!" they will convert to a folder of different files for different software packages.

http://tracksperanto.guerilla-di.org/

Tracker in Maya





No comments:

Post a Comment